Reasons for Outsourcing Your Data Entry Services to IndiaJanuary 9, 2019
Make Your WORDPRESS OPEN SORCE WEBDEVELOPMENT RealityJanuary 9, 2019
If you need a grease duct for a commercial kitchen, it is crucial that you make the right selection. While there are many different types of grease ducts, not all meet current standards. Remember that installing a grease duct system that cannot keep up with demand puts you, your employees, your business, and even nearby buildings at significant risk should a fire break out.
Before you settle on just any grease duct system, make sure you consider the following five points.
- Compliance – When it comes to exhaust systems for a commercial kitchen, you must adhere to current North American codes and standards. Otherwise, you put yourself at risk of receiving a hefty fine and even having your establishment shut down temporarily. Most importantly, look at systems that meet the standards of the National Building Code of Canada (NBCC), International Mechanical Code (IMC), and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- Design – The design of grease ducts is another important consideration. You need a system that works perfectly with the configuration and space in your restaurant’s kitchen. Whether a tight space, shallow ceiling, or hard corners, the grease duct you select must fit tightly to do its job.
- Fire Protection – Pay close attention to the level of fire protection any grease ducts on your list offer. For instance, some provide one hour fire protection while others offer two hours. Although an expert can assist you with the selection process, the size of your kitchen is one factor. If you have an enormous restaurant with a kitchen that remains extremely busy, you want the highest degree of protection possible.
- Material – Even the material of the exhaust system plays a vital role in both performance and compliance. While grease ducts made from carbon steel must be 16-gauge, those of stainless steel have to be 18-gauge. Something else worth noting is a system in your kitchen with a quality exterior surface is easier to clean.
- Installation – If you plan to install the exhaust system yourself, choose one that requires no welding. Of course, you should always have a qualified professional install the grease duct system on your behalf.
Superior Quality 100 Percent of the Time
At DuraSystems, a leader in the field of kitchen exhaust systems, we provide our customers with only superior quality products. Protect your establishment by having the right system installed. Contact us today for more information or a free quote. You want to enjoy running a successful restaurant not constantly worrying about the potential for a fire to destroy everything you worked hard to attain.